Due to the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus and the public health recommendations that come with it, Arizona State University will be celebrating with its graduates in the 2020 Fall University Commencement and convocation events in virtual, online ceremonies. The format may be different, but our enthusiasm for celebration has never been more inspired and we encourage you to join us in honoring ASU graduate and undergraduate students on Monday, December 14. Planning is underway. For more details, please check back here for updates and additional information about online activities. Commencement FAQ page
Application for Graduation filing fees
- Undergraduate, $50 ($25 for each additional concurrent degree).
- Graduate, $50 ($25 for each additional concurrent degree).
- Late fee, if applicable, $35.
|If you're graduating in...||Your deadline is...|
Note: If application deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline will be extended to the next business day.
To ensure that your name appears in the ASU commencement book and to avoid paying a late fee, the application must be received by the appropriate deadline.
Names of August graduates appear in the fall commencement book, but may choose to participate in either the spring or fall ceremony. Contact your college for details.
Note: If you are re-filing for graduation, you do not have to pay the fee again, but you do need to send an updated application.
How to Apply for Graduation Online
For your convenience, you may apply online for graduation by visiting My ASU and clicking the "Apply for Graduation" link in the My Programs & Advising box. Please note that a credit card is required (see fees above).
Requirements to apply online:
- Have an approved plan of study (graduate students) on file.
- Register for your final semester classes (graduate students may apply to graduate before registering for their final semester. Please see Graduate Student Graduation Deadlines and Procedures for further information.
Tempe campus students, please complete the following steps:
- Register for your final semester of classes. Note: Graduate students may apply for graduation before registering for their final semester, but they must have an approved plan of study on file with the Graduation Office. Please see Graduate Student Graduation Deadlines and Procedures for further information.
- Pay the graduation fee at the University Cashier's Office, located in the Student Services Building on the second floor. Please note their hours are 8:15 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Complete the graduation survey distributed by the Cashier's Office. Present your graduation fee receipt and completed survey to the Graduation Section of the Registrar's Office.
West campus students, please call 602-543-8203 or visit the registration site in the University Center Building, Suite 120, Enrollment Services. West students must file for graduation on West campus.
Polytechnic campus students, please call 480-727-1142 or visit the registration site in the Administration Building.
Downtown Phoenix campus students, please call 602-496-4372 or visit the registration site in the University Center Building, Room 130. Downtown Phoenix students may file for graduation on either Tempe or Downtown Phoenix campus.
Print the application for graduation, complete the form and mail with payment to the address listed on the form.