Registration for Fall 2022 ceremonies will open the week of October 17 and will close on Monday, November 21 .
All ASU graduation ceremonies require reservations (RSVPs) from graduating students who wish to participate.
Only working staff, graduating students and authorized guests are allowed in the graduate and staff entry points, or on the floor or field near graduate seating and the stage. This restriction applies to Gammage Auditorium, Desert Financial Arena, Sun Devil Stadium or other ceremony venues.
Graduation ceremonies include
- Graduate Commencement
- Undergraduate Commencement
- College convocations
- Special interest convocations
A registration submitted by deadline:
- Guarantees a seat for the graduate
- Guarantees seats/tickets for a graduate’s guests
- Guarantees the graduate receive all benefits & ceremony specific items provided by the ceremony
How to register for in-person ceremonies
- Apply for graduation and pay graduation fees.
- Go to the RSVP Ceremonies link available on your MyASU page (available the week of October 17)
- A link under the Graduation Tab will appear after you have applied to graduate and paid your graduation fees.
- Complete the registration form.
Click the "SUBMIT" button at the bottom of the page after completing the registration form.
- Failure to properly submit the form will result in your registration not being recorded.
- Students will receive a confirmation via email after successfully submitting a form for each ceremony.
Deadlines to register for fall 2022 graduation events Monday, November 21, 2022.
Applying to Graduate vs registering for a ceremony
Applying for graduation and registering to attend in-person graduation ceremonies are separate but related issues. Applying and paying your graduation fee ensures that your degree will be processed after coursework is complete and certification of your degree is issued. Registering for attendance at ceremonies ensures that seating will be made available for you and your guests for the event(s) you will attend. It also ensures tickets will be reserved for those events that require tickets.
Other Graduation Information
Graduates completing coursework in August may opt to participate in ceremonies the May prior to course completion or the December following course completion.
For details about University Commencement vs Convocation ceremonies, please visit http://graduation.asu.edu/ceremonies