Due to the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus and the public health recommendations that come with it, Arizona State University will be celebrating with its graduates in the 2020 Fall University Commencement and convocation events in virtual, online ceremonies. The format may be different, but our enthusiasm for celebration has never been more inspired and we encourage you to join us in honoring ASU graduate and undergraduate students on Monday, December 14. Planning is underway. For more details, please check back here for updates and additional information about online activities. Commencement FAQ page
The RSVP Site for Fall 2020 is now closed
All ASU graduation ceremonies require reservations (RSVPs) from graduating students who wish to participate.
Graduation ceremonies include
- Graduate Commencement
- Undergraduate Commencement
- College convocations
- Special interest convocations
An RSVP submitted by deadline:
- Guarantees a seat for the graduate
- Guarantees seats/tickets for a graduate’s guests
- Guarantees the graduate receive all benefits & ceremony specific items provided by the ceremony
How to RSVP for a ceremony
- Apply for graduation and pay graduation fees.
- Go to the RSVP Ceremonies link available on your MyASU page.
- A link under the Graduation Tab will appear after you have applied to graduate and paid your graduation fees.
- Click on the link to each ceremony you wish to attend.
- Complete the RSVP form.
Click the "SUBMIT" button at the bottom of the page after completing the RSVP form.
- Failure to properly submit the form will result in your RSVP not being recorded.
- Students will receive a confirmation via email after successfully submitting a form for each ceremony.
Deadlines to RSVP for December 2020 virtual events is Monday, November 30.
Applying to Graduate vs RSVP for a ceremony
Applying for graduation and RSVPing to attend graduation ceremonies are separate but related issues. Applying and paying your graduation fee ensures that your degree will be processed after coursework is complete and certification of your degree is issued. RSVPing for attendance at ceremonies ensures that seating will be made available for you and your guests for the event(s) you will attend. It also ensures tickets will be reserved for those events that require tickets.
Other Graduation Information
Graduates completing coursework in August may opt to participate in ceremonies the May prior to course completion or the December following course completion. This applies to undergraduate candidates and most master degree candidates.
Please be aware that Doctoral candidates must complete all degree requirements in order to participate in the commencement ceremony as outlined on the Graduate College Deadlines. For more information about the deadlines and procedures for graduation, please click here.
For details about University Commencement vs Convocation ceremonies, please visit http://graduation.asu.edu/ceremonies