Know before you go
Getting to the stadium
The use of public transportation is strongly encouraged. Visit https://cfo.asu.edu/transit for neighborhood shuttles and Valley Metro public transportation options. To view all maps of the different venues used for ceremonies, please visit: https://graduation.asu.edu/guests/parking
Parking lots are nearby for those driving to the stadium, including ADA parking. Large attendance at ceremonies will create traffic. Exiting parking lots and parking structures will be delayed. Your patience and cooperation is appreciated. Parking maps and additional parking informaton can be found at https://graduation.asu.edu/guests/parking
Entering/Exiting Ceremony Venues
Mountain America Stadium Ceremonies
- Graduates will be directed to the Frank Kush Field through the Southeast and Southwest gates.
- Gates open at 6:00 p.m.; please arrive early to pass through security and find a seat before the ceremony begins. Tickets are not required.
Desert Financial Arena and other ceremony locations
- Doors will open one (1) hour before the ceremony begins
For all venues
- Only working staff, graduating students and authorized guests are allowed in the graduate and staff entry points, or on the floor or field near graduate seating and the stage.
Mountain America Stadium
- Tickets are not required for guests. Guest seating is available on a first-come, first-serve basis in the lower bowl of the stadium.
- Student seating will be on the field.
Desert Financial Arena
- Guests will enter the arena via the concourse level.
- Students will check-in at their designated area, and then proceed down the West Tunnel.
- Please refer to the details listed on the individual ceremony pages which you can find by visiting the schedule page
Health and Safety Protocols
As of March 14, 2022, face coverings are not required but are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED. Venues not managed by Arizona State University may have different masking and vaccination requirements.
Food and Beverage
The stadium concession stands will be open. Attendees can purchase a range of food, water, and other beverages (alcohol will not be sold).
Attendees can also carry in clear, factory-sealed bottles of water (51 oz. / 1.5 liters or smaller) and empty plastic sports bottles to use at water stations.
Mountain America Stadium, and all ASU venues have a Clear Bag Policy. Graduates and guests will be asked to return items to their cars if they do not comply.
Commencement is an outdoor event and takes place rain or shine. Umbrellas ARE NOT permitted in Mountain America Stadium. The ceremony may be abbreviated if there is heavy rain. Please come prepared if inclement weather is expected. You can see more regarding the Inclement Weather Plan on the Graduation website.